22 CX Statistics for 2022
Providing a superior customer experience is crucial in order to ‘wow’ your customers. Purchasing decisions are no longer based on traditional differentiators such as price and quality. According to Salesforce, 80% of customers now point to CX as a key differentiator when it comes to choosing one brand over another, with 67% stating that their standard for a positive experience is higher than ever before.
With customer expectations continually rising, it is no surprise that global spending on CX technology is set to hit $641 billion this year. In this blog, we will look at 22 statistics to keep in mind when developing your CX strategy for the year ahead.
Investing in CX will bring incredible benefits to your business, such as increased loyalty, increased customer spend, and reduced churn, which all support a surge in revenue.
- 86% of customers are willing to pay more for a superior customer experience. These customers are willing to pay up to a 16% price premium following a positive experience.
- According to Deloitte, customer spending increases up to 140% following a positive experience.
- Improving CX can reduce customer support costs by up to 33%.
- 64% of customers are more likely to recommend a brand to others if it offers amazing experiences.
Tailor your offering
Offering a one-size-fits-all approach will not suffice if you wish to keep your customers. Customers don’t want to feel as if they are just a number. They want to feel heard, seen, valued.
- 80% of customers are more likely to make a purchase when brands offer personalised experiences
- According to Salesforce, 52% of customers expect offerings to always be personalised.
- 59% of customers declared that tailoring interactions based on previous engagement is crucial to winning their business.
- Four out of five customers (81%) are willing to hand over basic personal information in exchange for a more personalised offering.
Customer support channels
- In PWC’s report ‘Retailing 2020: Winning in a polarized world’, the number of companies investing in the omnichannel experience has jumped by over 60% in recent years.
- 66% of customers use at least three different communication channels to contact customer service, with the most popular being phone, email, and social media.
- Companies that provide a superior omnichannel experience for their customers enjoy a 10% year-on-year growth.
- 52% of all internet traffic now comes from mobile, meaning providing a mobile-friendly experience is crucial.
Providing quality support is critical for customer retention, with almost all customers (96%) agreeing that customer service plays a vital role in their choice of loyalty to a brand.
- Customers are 2.4 times more likely to remain loyal to a brand when their problems are solved in a timely manner.
- Over three-quarters of people (76%) are more inclined to recommend a brand that delivers simple experiences.
- 71% of customers expect agents to have knowledge of their previous interactions with the company.
- 23% of customers stated that they would be less likely to purchase from a brand again if the agent didn’t have access to their purchase history.
- 67% of customers prefer self-service over interacting with an agent, highlighting the importance of providing an online knowledge base or tools enabling customers to help themselves.
Employee experience (EX)
More and more companies recognise the important link between EX and CX. Improving the experience for your employees will result in an improved experience for your customers.
- Companies with actively engaged employees report customer loyalty rates 233% higher than those with disengaged employees.
- 89% of revenue growth leaders state that improving the experience for their employees leads directly to an improved customer experience.
- Brands that scored in the top 25% in terms of employee engagement scored 10% higher on customer metrics.
Key takeaways to help shape your priorities in 2022
- Personalisation is key – make use of available customer data to tailor your offering.
- Optimise your workflow to ensure the right information gets to the right agent.
- Offering full omnichannel support can be the difference between retaining customers and losing them.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience starts with the employee first.
To sum it all up, invest in the customer experience in the year ahead – you won’t regret it!